Creating Ad Hoc Provisioning Profiles
- If you want to send out your app for testing to selected users or to develop a private app which is available to a limited number of devices, you can create it with an Ad Hoc provisioning profile.
- You cannot debug on device apps that are created with this type of provisioning profile
- You can create a provisioning profile in the Apple Member Center only.
- Verify that you have a *.p12 certificate
- Verify that you have registered an App ID for your app.
- Verify that you have registered at least one device with your Apple developer account.
- Verify that you are logged in the Apple Member Center at https://developer.apple.com/account/
- 1. In your browser, in the Apple Member Center, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- 2. Click All under Provisioning Profiles.
- 3. Click + in the top right corner.
- 4. Choose Ad-hoc and click Continue.
- 5. Select the App Id that you want to link the provisioning profile to and click Continue.
- 6. Select the iOS certificates that you want to link the provisioning profile to and click Continue.
- 7. Choose the devices that you want to be provisioned in the provisioning profile and click Continue.
- 8. Input a name for the provisioning profile so that you can identify it later and click Continue.
- 9. Your Ad Hoc Provisioning Profiles is now generated. You can download it by clicking Download and upload it to DeployApp.net when needed.